So I am just getting ready for my mission and such lately. I guess I could bore you with all of the details - you know, like how much my shoes cost (a lot, by the way), or how often I read the scriptures in Spanish (every night, in case you were wondering), or how many boxes I have packed (only two, and I haven't even made a small dent in my belongings), or whether or not my piano skills will be up to par by the time I leave (probably not, unfortunately), but I guess I'll just let the pictures do most of the talking.
I have been trying to get partying out of my system, so I am doing as much of it as I can until I leave. On Friday I party-hopped to three different parties and it was awesome! Today was pretty much a party as well.

I went to this farewell party the other day for my friend Jack (who is going on his mission to Indianapolis Spanish speaking) and cousin Jake was there!! Yeah!! Here he is with his girlfriend, Kelsey. Get a good look. You may be related to her someday.

This is my friend Jack (whose party it was). He leaves this Wednesday and so I'll see him when I get down there hopefully!

The day after the party, Jack went through the temple for the first time, and he invited me. So I went and it was a wonderful experience. Jack cried and cried. This is us outside the temple just afterward.

My friend Becky is going to Sweden the same day I'm going to Argentina. She and Jack went to high school together, so she was in the session as well.
I gave my farewell talk in the Emmett singles ward today and it went very well. My topic was "Be a missionary all your life" so I ran with that. I started out my talk by quoting the Standard of Truth, and Mom and Dad both cried within the first 2 minutes. There were tons of people there - the most that have ever been to the ward - mainly due to the fact that it was a triple farewell because we're all leaving the same day. It was so fun. Here are some pictures from that:

During the Sacrament, I looked up and there was Saylor Manwaring, front and center, with his head in his hands, with an enormous grin on his face. He's pretty funny. He, Camille Wight, and I went to high school together.

I met these girls in the Boise 9th Ward when I lived there this past year and they all came up to hear me speak. Pretty nice!

My buddy Kyle McAllister came too. He's not a member, but we had driver's ed together and he found me on facebook a while ago and asked if he could come. He also came with me to Jack's farewell afterward.

This is my old roommate Ashley Scholes. How's THAT for hard core, Ash?

Teresa Guzman is going to the Dominican Republic and we so we will be learning Spanish together. The bishop made the comment today that Becky will fit in when she gets to Stockholm, and Teresa will look natural in the Dominican Republic. I'm the only one who doesn't really fit the part...
Like I said, after my farewell, most of us left and went to Horseshoe Bend (where the Sweet Ward meets for the time being) to hear Jack speak. He first sang "No Ordinary Man" with his sister Jill (Jack and Jill - isn't that cute?) and then spoke. He did a good job and then we all took pictures outside, and afterward went to my house for cookies and ice cream. Derek and Dillon joined us too (mainly so they could get some treats, I think):

Dillon, Derek, and Dustin Hurst. Dustin's one of my really good friends and works for Joel as a tech. That's how he knows Derek and Dillon, and they lovingly refer to him as "D-bag" (AKA "Dustin bag" AKA "A bag full of Dustin".

Madi and me at the house. We're so cute.

Me and D-bag.
Derek was thouroughly impressed that all of my friends were gone within an hour. Usually they like to linger... The last one to leave was Kyle. He wanted to talk or something. Dad woke up from his nap and tried to make him leave (not very subtley, I might add), so I suggested that I walk him to his car. Madi said she's pretty certain he's in love with me. When we gave me a hug in Emmett, Madi said his face had a look of "longing." Weird. Thank goodness I'm leaving. Later Joel's family and Heather's family came over for a visit:

Luke and Emery are great friends. And they are so cute together.

After I took that last picture, Luke accidentaly elbowed Emery in the head. Emery walked away whining, so Luke went over and gave him a hug to console him
.
Pretty cute kids and such. It was fun to see the family and hear about Heather and Austin's trip. Tomorrow I'm going to get some shots for my mission. Yipee horray! It's getting so close and I'm getting pretty nervous and excited. When you guys come for Thanksgiving, please be prepared to give me some advice and/or encouragement for my mission. Thanks. I love you guys! See you soon!
3 comments:
Your hair is getting long and it looks cute.
Sarah
That Dustin character looks familiar. Does he have a brother/cousin/whatever that served in the Philippines? Cuz I knew an Elder Hurst there.
Very fun post and what cute boys! We will miss you when you go!
XOXO
Heather
Post a Comment